Silca Tube Latex 24-30mm with 42mm Valve
What is it?
SILCA has partnered with Vittoria to create the highest quality, lowest rolling resistance, finest riding inner tube, sized for modern clincher tire setups.
Who’s it for?
Cyclists looking to improve ride quality and save watts.
WHY WE DESIGNED IT:
Compared to standard butyl rubber bicycle inner tubes, latex tubes are considerably more elastic (10x elongation compared to 2-3x). More importantly, Latex Rubber has significantly lower coefficient of damping which means that when latex rubber is stretched or flexed, it returns to shape faster and with less energy loss.
What does this mean for an inner tube? Latex inner tubes are generally 2-5 Watts (per tire) more efficient at 30mph than tubes made of other materials. They are harder to pinch-flat and offer superior ride quality, especially when combined with supple, low rolling resistance tires. This tube has been sized to fit tires measuring 24-30mm, which will equate to 23-28mm tires used on modern wider rims. Valve stem length is 42mm and will work in all modern disc wheels.
- Optimized for tires measuring: 24-30MM (Tires marked 22-28mm when used on wide rims, or tires marked 24-30mm used on older narrow rims)
- Premium Latex
- 42mm Aluminum alloy valve, 10 grams lighter than brass alloy valves and works in all modern disc wheels
- Removable Presta valve core
- 85 grams
- Limited Warranty
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND USING 2 WRAPS OF TUBELESS RIM TAPE WHEN USING LATEX INNER TUBES. TUBELESS TAPES MAKE INSTALLING TIRES EASIER, MAKE IT LESS LIKELY TO PINCH THE TUBE DURING INSTALL AND ARE LESS LIKELY TO MOVE AROUND DURING INSTALLATION.
So why did Josh call this the ‘Biggest Bang For Your Buck’?
- SILCA Latex Inner Tube Upgrade (2 wheels): 4-10 Watts, $30
- Full Wheelset Ceramic Bearing Upgrade (6 cartridges): 0.8-1 watt savings, $400-1000
- Ceramic bearing derailleur pulleys: 1-3 Watts, $200-400
- Newest Aero Road Helmet: 4-8 Watts, $300