There is a reason weapons are made of steel
Fashioned to cut through a race field, a velocipede-shaped scalpel. The Ristretto delivers all the power transfer you could need without sacrificing everything you love about a steel bike. Alive and responsive – you are never in doubt where their steed is headed. Destroying a sprint finish. Railing corners on a descent. Swapping turns in a crosswind echelon. When speed and responsiveness are what you desire, the Ristretto is what you reach for.
With tubing selections from Dedacciai, Columbus, and Reynolds, we draw from the very best to tailor the frame to your specifications. Even if racing is only a ‘sometimes’ pursuit, our tubing range allows you to still have all the performance without compromising comfort.
Our steel frames are all corrosion treated, internally and externally, with automotive-grade anticorrosion protection. It’s a very long time before rust might be a concern.
Custom-made Columbus chain and seat stays. The Italian steel manufacturer’s name says it all. Custom-drawn XCr rear stays, complete with scallops, round out the finish on this modern classic.
5th Generation dropouts
The Ristretto has gone through multiple iterations over the years to ensure the cleanest of chain lines. This 5th gen is the latest upgrade, keeping up to speed with ever-evolving crankset dimensions and progression in front chainring sizing.
Pricing and build options
Frame Fuselage: $8,650 AUD
Complete bike from: $12,045 AUD
Base Package Includes:
- Proprietary Columbus XCR chainstays and seatstays
- Scalloped and bi-ovalised chainstays
- Stainless refinement on all the frame fittings, dropouts and brake bridge
- Anti-corrosion treatment (all tubes, inside and out)
- Individualized headtube length to the millimeter
- 1 1/8″ Chris King headset
- 3T Funda Team fork
- Proprietary stainless steel dropouts
- Proprietary bottom bracket shell (English thread)
- ENVE carbon seatpost:
- Alloy headstem:
- Cable routing:
- Maximum chain ring 53/39T
- Maximum tyre size: 28mm measured
- All paint schemes
- Custom fitting
- Personalised handling
- Tuned tube selection and butting
- ENVE stem
- Name on top tube/chainstay
- Non-standard colours
Classic road rim brake geometry. The stability and responsiveness that Baum has honed over decades of building rim brake bicycles. Optimised around a 25mm measured tyre, a wider 28mm and a narrow 23mm are also just at home on this machine.
|A. Top Tube Length Horizontal||515||525||535||540||560||575||590|
|B. Head Tube Length||93||100||108||118||142||160||182|
|C. Seat Tube Length||465||480||490||510||540||560||585|
|D. Seat Tube Angle||74.5||74.5||74||74||73.5||73||73|
|E. Front Centre||578||581||583||588||599||604||609|
|F. Bottom Bracket Drop||75||78||78||78||75||75||75|
|I. Stem Length||70||80||90||100||100||110||120|
|J. Seat Post Offset||25||25||25||25||25||25||25|
Frames are supplied with:
- All standard size frames come with a Chris King NOTHREADSET
- Offset seatpost, a straight post can be substituted upon request
- Standard stem lengths can be substituted with plus or minus 10mm options upon request